Bato: Cop tagged in South Korean’s abduction under restrictive custody
MANILA, Jan 9 (Mabuhay) – Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa said Monday that a police officer has been placed under restrictive custody for his alleged involvement in the abduction of a South Korean businessman in Angeles City, Pampanga.
Dela Rosa, however, declined to name the police officer ranked Senior Police Officer 3, which is now undergoing investigation.
“Regarding sa pulis na suspek, nilagay na siya sa restrictive custody para available anytime na imbestigahan. Pinaylan na siya ng kaso ng Anti-Illegal Drugs Group,” he said in a press briefing.
“SPO3 pero ayaw pabanggit ang pangalan. Hindi naman natin kino-condemn agad pero hindi dedepensahan. Kung siya talaga yung involved he doesn’t deserve a day in this organization,” he added.
Dela Rosa, meanwhile, said he was hoping that the South Korean businessman identified as Jee Ick-joo is still alive. The victim was abducted last October.
The foreign businessman was abducted last October.
Reports said a police officer claiming to be a member of the AIDG went to the South Korean’s house and abducted him.
The PNP chief said he was informed about the kidnapping case last year.
“I’m completely appraised of that case. Nagre-report sa akin yung dating Anti-Kidnapping Group (AKG) chief at yung AIDG chief. I hope buhay pa ‘yung Koreano,” he said.
He said he had instructed the AKG chief to contact the wife of the victim so he can meet her.
“Matagal ko nang alam yung kaso ng asawa niya pero kahapon ko lang nabasa yung appeal niya. I instructed yung AKG chief na kontakin yung Koreana gusto ko siyang kausapin, kung willing siya na makipag usap sa akin,” he said.(MNS)